STATE OF MINNESOTA
COUNTY OF ST. LOUIS
SIXTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
To be tried in the City of Virginia
Wayne Pohia, Plaintiff,
Tammy Jurenic, Steven Kivela, Amber Lammi, Samantha Korum, Lucas Miller, Jason Miller, Jeremy Kivela, Nicholas Eugene Sampson, Russell Eugene Cheney, Karen Marie Wright, Kathleen Cheney, Diane Poague (AKA Diane Poaque), Ruth Ellen Kivela, Kristine L. Harris, Kevin D. Kivela, David Koeneman, Niccole Kivela, Kathleen Sharon Olson, Barbara Schultz, Beverly Palo, Derek Autio, Renee Rajala, Michelle Dallas, Raylene Shepard, Steven Gentilini, Deborah Gentilini, Susan Austin, Constance Hermanson, Cindy Foreseen, Lani Federovitch; Shannon Haavisto Pavlin; Holly Johnson; Lynn Marie Burdges; Karen Renee Moller; Dean Kendall Maki; Karen Johnson Dormanen, and Kevin Gene Maki, Nichole Marsden, Laurie Kivela Anderson; And Also the unknown heirs of Decedents: Gust Kivela, Hilda Alena Kivela; Helia Ester Kivela Rajala, Olaf William Rajala, Shirley Lubarski, Roland Rajala, Doris Federovitch (AKA Doris Sederodich) (AKA Doris Federovich), Raymond Gentilini; Reino Kivela, Saima Kivela, Donald Kivela, Reynold Kivela; Jacqueline K. Stanberry, Marilyn Kivela; William E. Kivela, Vivian E. Kivela, William E. Kivela, Jr., Shirley Ann (Peterson) Kivela, David J. Kivela, James Alan Kivela, Patricia Zalar; Anne M. South; Irene E. Sampson, Rudolph Oscar Sampson, Rudolph James Sampson, Judith Arlene Sampson (AKA Judith Arlene Cheney, AKA Judith Arlene Aikley; Roy Richard Kivela, Rodney Kivela Viola R. A. Autio, Matti Autio, Ross Autio, Norman J. Kivela, Mitchell Don Dormanen And known lienholders Discover Bank (as against Tammy Jurenic in the amount of $5,036.30
) and all other persons unknown claiming any right, title, estate, interest, or lien in the real estate described in the Complaint herein.
Judicial Officer: Unassigned
Court File No.: Unassigned
TO: ALL ABOVE-NAMED DEFENDANTS AT THEIR RESPECTIVE ADDRESSES.
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiff has started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiff’s Complaint against you is attached to this Summons. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this Summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 21 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this Summons a written response called an Answer within 21 days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons located at:
Honkanen Law Firm, S.C.
230 1st Street South, Suite 101
Virginia, MN 55792
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiff’s Complaint in your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiff should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not answer within 21 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiff everything asked for in the Complaint. Of you do not want to contest the claims stated in the Complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief request in the Complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose this case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
The causes of action in this matter include quiet title, declaratory relief, partition, and judicial sale. The object of this action is a real estate parcel legally described as follows:
The Northeast Quarter of the Southeast Quarter (NE ¼ of SE ¼), Section Seventeen (17), Township Sixty (60) Range Sixteen (16), according to the original plat thereof on file and of record in the office of the County Recorder, St. Louis County, Minnesota.
Together will all hereditaments and appurtenances belonging thereto. [Parcel ID # 505-0015-02390]
THIS IS TO BE TRIED IN THE CITY OF VIRGINIA, MINNESOTA.
YOU ARE HEREBY ADVISED THAT THIS MATTER MAY BE SUBJECT TO RESOLUTION BY ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION (ADR) PURSUANT TO RULE 114 OF THE GENERAL RULES OF PRACTICE. A LIST OF NEUTRALS WHO PROVIDE ADR SERVICES MAY BE OBTAIN FROM THE COURT ADMINISTRATOR FOR THE ABOVE-NAMED COUNTY. THIS NOTICE DOES NOT EXTEND THE TIME REQUIRED FOR ANSWERING THIS SUMMONS.
Dated: September 20, 2022
/s/ Erik J. Honkanen
Erik J. Honkanen
Attorney License No.: 387813
Attorney for Plaintiff
Honkanen Law Firm, S.C.
230 1st Street South, STE 101
Virginia, MN 55792
The Daily Leader:
Mar. 18, 25 and Apr. 1, 2023